Please join us on Monday, Nov. 13, 2017 as we celebrate Fermilab’s achievements in the development of superconducting magnet technology and dedicate an IEEE Milestone Award for the Tevatron particle collider.
The milestone, recently approved by the IEEE Board of Directors, recognizes Fermilab’s pioneering role in transitioning the use of superconducting wire and cable from a laboratory endeavor to the industrial scale.
Monday, Nov. 13, 2017
Wilson Hall, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Symposium, 2-5 p.m., Ramsey Auditorium
Speakers will include
• Dr. Bruce Strauss, US Department of Energy and IEEE Council on Superconductivity
• Dr. David Sutter, University of Maryland
• Dr. Paul Mantsch, Fermilab
• Prof. David Larbalestier, Florida State University
• Dr. Kathleen Amm, GE Medical Systems
• Prof. Herman ten Kate, CERN and University of Twente
• Prof. Jennifer Bernhard, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Reception, 5-7 p.m., Wilson Hall Atrium
Directions and accommodations
Fermilab’s main entrance is located at the intersection of Kirk Road and Pine Street in Batavia, Illinois, about 45 miles west of Chicago. Visit this webpage for detailed directions and maps to Fermilab.
A number of hotels are located within 10 miles of the Fermilab site. Visit this webpage for a listing of local hotels.
If you have questions about the IEEE Milestone Award Symposium and Reception at Fermilab, please contact email@example.com or 630-840-3351.